Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

MX300 will not bring paper in or copying Flips paper,

Customer Question
MX300 will not bring paper...
MX300 will not bring paper in for printing or copying
Flips paper for entry, advance about 1 1/2 inches, stops and reports Load Paper.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/25/2016
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 2 years ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician

Hi, I can help with the issue.

Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see thepaper pass in a certain amount of time.

To fix the problem, unplug the printer power cable. Open the covers and remove any cartridges and look for loose paper. Use tweezers to pull the paper out or the eraser end of a pencil to move the rollers and get to the paper. Then use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.

Open each cover front, top, and back of the printer and look for pieces of paper in the rollers. Move the rollers with your fingers to clean and move any loose paper out as well. Look for the roller near the paper area and clean that as well.

Then plug the printer power back in try to print

Let me know if you need additional help.

Thank you

Please rate my answer below based on your satisfaction.

Thanks

Glad to help. Please rate my answer below based on your satisfaction.