Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My MG6220 has stopped printing from the bottom rack even…

Customer Question
my MG6220 has stopped printing...
my MG6220 has stopped printing from the bottom rack even when I specify it in the printing instructions. I am printing cards and the quality is better from the bottom rack.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/25/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check settings in the Canon printer's driver, as to

Paper Size

Paper Tray

and any other settings that seem appropriate.

Make sure the right settings for tray selection are set, in your program's Printing settings.

Make sure that in no setting, anywhere, is the setting for Paper Tray or Paper Size or similarly, are set to Auto. Auto is the wrong setting.

If nothing is found wrong with the settings, then turn Off the printer, restart the computer, and only after the computer has started up again, should you turn the printer back On, and try printing again. (Before printing, look at the Print Preview, to make sure the paper size is card-size and as you intend... that can save a lot of paper)

No luck. It only wants to print from the back , but the result was not as good I'll try again tomorrow

What computer do you have (Windows or Apple) ?

And what program on the computer, are you printing cards from, please?

Get back to me at your convenience. Good night, meanwhile.

I have a Mac and have tried printing from Word and PDF. Yesterday they were printing perfectly and from the bottom tray. I turned the printer over to check that tray is inserted properly. It is

Were you using card stock then, when it was working properly?

I'll just turn everything off tonight and try again tomorrow.

OK.