Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Trying to get 3115 printer hooked up with my network
,

Customer Question

Customer: trying to get 3115 printer hooked up with my network
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have added a work station to my office and am trying either to hardwire printer to cpu or get it shared wirelessly so both stations can print
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

what have you tried to do and what issues are you running into?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

looks like the easiest way to do it is to

run the install software on the computer and then tell it that it is a network printer and attach a usb cable between the printer and the computer while the install runs

it says to put the usb cable on first but my experience is that you are better off starting the install and letting it tell you it cant find the printer attach the cable

that keeps windows from installing it as a usb printer.

step by step instructions are on this page

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN68988/en?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04