Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The problem is the printer won't power up. It had started to…

Customer Question
the problem is the printer...
the problem is the printer won't power up. It had started to print and right in the middle of printing it quit. No power, nothing. I tried another outlet still nothing. Is there some kind of reset function on the printer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/24/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try pulling the power cord to the printer, so that it is totally powered Off. (Press the Power button now, or flip the Power switch to On, so as to totally drain it of power.)

Then let it sit for at least 2 hours.

Then at the end of that time only, plug it in to power again, turn On if necessary. See if it revives. If not, it is probably damaged (provided the outlet you plugged it into has not tripped its circuit breaker, or its ground interrupter either, and is provably providing good power to whatever device is plugged into it.)

If damaged, it will require repairs. Or replacement. If it is within 1 year of its purchase date, contact Canon (at 1-800-OK-CANON) and put in a failed-within-warranty claim on it, for free warranty servicing/repairing.

Thank you Russell. I'll get back to you in 2 hours and let you know if it works.

OK. Let me know how it goes, at your convenience.

Hey Russell the printer did come back on but on the display said to unplug the printer and call Canon service Dept.

Is there any numeric code cited on the printer's screen?

Or, is the Power (or other) light flashing ? if so, count the flashes and their color, and let me know, please.