John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a new lenovo Tower (hard-drive) desktop computer, and

Customer Question

I have a new lenovo Tower (hard-drive) for my desktop computer, and I hope to use my existing Canon printer with it. I don't know the exact model of the printer but the codes on the underside of it are K10321 and R31219. It is directly connected (not wireless). I can't seem to make the computer recognize the printer. Do I need any programming information to make this work properly?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Bernard Brown
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please check if there is any other model, such as PIXMA MP240?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Does your new computer have Windows 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.