John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Epson XP-310....Had some type of electronic connection

Customer Question

Epson XP-310....Had some type of electronic connection failure that prevented copying from both computer and the printer. Did a reboot on the computer and attempted to engage the printer. Nothing works. I discovered that the manual and CD/DVD to install/attach the printer to the computer have disappeared. I went to several web sites but was unable to download any information (CD/DVD) to bring the printer on line. My system uses WI/FI and i have the proper USB cable. Can you send me the proper CD/DVD via USPS? Address is as follows: ***** *****, P.O. Box 367, Texhoma, Oklahoma, 73949. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to the manual the printer activation begins with a USB cable connection then as per instructions from the CD/DVD the cable is removed for a WI/FI set-up which I have. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me at(###) ###-####

I don't think a phone call will help much at all. If you wish, I can remote into your system and fix this for you. During the remote session, we can communicate via a chat window.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let's get this done.

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, it appears my card is maxed out. I will need to end this attempt. Sorry, I will call back another time. Thanks anyway.

Thank you. I will be standing by.

May I ask whether or not you still need help with this problem?
Thank you,
Jason