Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Why doesn't my laptop recognize my new Canon MX922?

Customer Question
why doesn't my laptop recognize my new Canon MX922?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/23/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Toshiba using Win 7 Pro

Thank you. And are you trying to connect it to your computer wirelessly, or via the usb cord?

wireless
no thanks

No thanks? Not sure what you mean.

So you want to make a wireless connection, one last question. Do you know your wireless password ***** someone else would use if they were visiting and wanted to connect their laptop to your home wifi network?

no phone call. yes I have password

Excellent.

Im writing out the steps you need to follow. Please allow me a few minutes to get them typed out.

On the control panel of the MX922 machine itself.

Go into settings, network /wlan setup.

And we want to select your wifi network. And then enter the password ***** then connect the printer.

Once you have done that successfully.. Lets move to your windows 7 computer.

Click start, click devices and printers, and now right click and remove any and all copies of your mx922.

Once removed.. Click add printer, add network printer.. And wait.

It should show your mx 922 listed with an ip address.. Click it and click next, and it should allow you to add the printer as a wireless printer.

then, you should be able to print once its added.

If you run into any issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.