Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother MFC-J220 with an" Unable to Init.4f I have…

Customer Question
Hi ***** *****, My...

Hi ***** *****, My name is***** have a Brother MFC-J220 with an " Unable to Init.4f I have tried everything that I can think but still I can't remove it can you help

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The printer says Unable to Init-4f and will not print. Peter

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/23/2016
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

This error message indicates a mechanical problem, a dirty encoder strip or a foreign object such as a clip or paper dust inside the machine.

Did you check inside the machine for any foreign objects ?

Regards,

I can not see anything. Peter

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or inside printer.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. Then open the scanner cover by pulling up on the lower right corner of the cover. Look inside the machine and remove any foreign objects. If you see jammed paper or another item inside this area, gently pull it out.

Next, move the print head and examine under the print head. Gently, move the printhead and do not force anything.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then replace everything back and try printing.

Tell me how it goes!

Please don't rate this answer until your problem is solved. If this answer doesn't works then reply using the Reply to expert feature.

Regards,