Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Fuji Xerox CM215FW. It was purchased brand new only…

Customer Question
I have a Fuji Xerox...
I have a Fuji Xerox CM215FW. It was purchased brand new only a few months ago and not been used much. It is indicating a paper jam - error 077 900. We have completely cleared the jam and reset the machine and still saying there is a jam. We've also turned it off for a while thinking that might clear it, but no. What do we need to do to get the machine working again?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/23/2016
Technician: Michael Hannigan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

It doesn't take much to trigger one of the sensors in this machine. I would give a thorough check to the paper path with a bright light. Then, to the best of your ability, take a piece of card stock or something similar and force it through the paper path in the normal direction of the paper (careful not to pull it backwards). Once that's done, blow it out with air.

If this doesn't help, then it may be a damaged sensor in the paper path that needs to be replaced.