Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Stylus Pro 7890 stopped with code 1419. Can not use Control…

Customer Question
Stylus Pro 7890 stopped with...
Stylus Pro 7890 stopped with code 1419. Can not use Control Panel or other buttons. How do I remove ink cartridges?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/22/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 2 years ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Well Sir or Madam, the 1419 error means that you have had a "Pump release error!" Where in the USA are you? Meaning the closest Major City or Metro Area.

I'm in Louisville, KY, and have a call in to Epson regarding the pump release error. My question is, how can I remove the ink cartridges from the printer? The printer is "locked up" because of the code, and the only button or command that works is the power button. Switching off and on does not help. I was able to open the bay doors, but the cartridges are locked in place.
Thank for your help.

Excellent Sir or Madam. Now please do the following:

Open the Bay Doors and unplug the Printer.

Wait 45 minutes and then plug it back in.

The Carriage that hold the Ink should move towards the Center.

When it does, unplug the printer and you can get at them at that point Sir or Madam.

Let's try again. The code disabled the printer. All I can do is turn it off and on. No command, button, or function works, including the ink bay door release button. I managed to manually open the bays doors while the printer was off. The INK CARTRIDGES are locked in place. They do not budge. I am not able to push them in to release them. The ink CARRIAGE
system is not an issue. I am not interested in gaining access to the movable carriage. I only want to remove the ink cartridges. The printer does not function. It is in limbo. It is waiting for a repairman to overcharge me for service. While I wait for his arrival, is there a way to remove the inks? If so, can and will you help me through the process? Thanks!
Hello. Is there someone else I can talk to who understands the difference between a carriage and a cartridge?
Is there anyone else available to answer my original question? May I speak to someone other than VanMagnus Systems
about this issue? Thank you for your help.
Thank you for wasting my time, taking my money AND not answering my question or request to speak to someone else.
I have asked customer service for a refund.
Technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer

Hey there, would you like me to leave this question open or flag it for CS?