Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My small-in-one printer (epson xp-820) Came with a small

Customer Question

My small-in-one printer (epson xp-820) Came with a small bottle of oil labled fellowes. I dont see anywhere in the printed materials with the product that says how when or where I am to apply oil. I have had the unit for about a year and it is working well but if I am to use oil to keep it functioning properly I will need advice. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

That oil would not have come with the printer. Perhaps you purchased another item at the same time, but that oil belongs with a paper shredder, for lubricating the cutter bar. It does not pertain to your printer in any way, and should not be used in any part of the printer (it would actually cause more damage than good)

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The only maintenance your printer needs is to be used periodically (preferably once a week) to keep the parts moving, and an occasional nozzle cleaning (from the tools/maintenance menu) if you notice any problems with the print quality.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,