Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I turned my Brother MFC-J6920DW printer off and now will not…

Customer Question
***** ***** Coleman....

***** ***** Coleman. I turned my Brother MFC-J6920DW printer off and now will not power back up.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I press the power on button and the printer does nothing. I removed the power cord from the outlet for a couple of minutes and plug it back into the outlet. Still No response from the printer when I press the power button.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/21/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

This is one of two issues. Either your power cord has failed and needs to be replaced, you can order a power cord here. http://amzn.to/20hBOHw

Or, the powersupply in the machine has failed.. Finding parts for that machine is extremely difficult at best. They werent even selling the power cords on ebay, if that tells you anything~ Its probably time to consider a new printer, an economical choice that offers wireless printing is this printer. http://amzn.to/1K04kt9

About the only repair steps you can try at this point besides replacing the cord would be to physically remove the entire power cord from the machine.

Then, plug it back in to a known working outlet.. And by known working I mean plug something else into it such as a lamp and see if it turns on. Also, remove all ink tanks from the brother machine with the power off. Then plug it back in and see if it powers up or shows any signs of life at all . if it doesnt. Then your power supply is blown and you should either replace the cord or replace the machine.. And I lean towards replace the machine itself as there is no guarantee that replacing the cord will fix it.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.