Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Name is ***** *****
, We have a Canon ir1025if. We…

Customer Question
Hello my Name is...

Hello my Name is ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We have a Canon ir1025if. We can not scan to email.

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/21/2016
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the scanner is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

It is connected by network
The IP, MASK, Gateway, DNS are already configured
The users can print, but we can scan to email

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Sorry we can not scan to email

ok

The printer is a Canon ir1025if.
We are trying with aspmx.l.google.com as smtp server. No authentication. TX sending Port 25
No results

Thank you for the update. For your SMTP server, you need to use the following information:
Server: smtp.gmail.com
SSL: Enabled
Port: 465
Enable Authentication and enter your username & password ***** the Gmail account.

After you do that, it will work.

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

Jason, that is exactly the problem. The Canon ir1025if do not admit ssl

Thank you for the update. It doesn't allow it at all? May I remote in now?

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 92 and click the circle button to start the remote application.

Are you still with me}?

Hello
Before rate your answer, could you provide another option.
As I explained above, in the printer Canon ir1025 you can not set SSL.
We already had explored that option before.
Attached a screenshot

In that case, use the following settings:
SMTP Server: aspmx.l.google.com
Port: 25

You must also enable Authentication, enter your Gmail/Google username and password. That should work for you.

It does not work.

It should work. May I remote into your system now and locate the problem?

May I ask whether or not you still need help with this problem?
Thank you,
Jason