John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon i4600 printer. It gave me this message: "A

Customer Question

I have a Canon i4600 printer. It gave me this message: "A printer error has occurred. Turn off the printer and pull the power plug. Then contact the service center."
How do I contact the service center?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Bill.

Can you please tell me the specific error code/number it is giving you? For example B200, 5C00, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USB001
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was printing a letter several times (no color in the letter) and the yellow ink ran out. I didn't have more ink, but didn't think it needed it. So I asked it to print anyway. It did print one more and then gave me this error code. I have since gotten more ink and installed the cartridges. But the error code has not gone away!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Is that error on the printer itself, or on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned it on and off several times and unplugged the power cord and usb cord, but it alll seems to make no difference. How do I reset the printer? Or can I reload the software in the printer?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I ask because that is not a valid printer error. That is a communication/port error on the computer

Any actual printer error would be something like B200, 5B00, etc

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know whether computer or printer, but the error message comes up as soon as I turn on the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I check the computer? I wiggled the connections to make sure they we fully seated.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well I can't tell you what the problem is without a proper error code,

lets try resetting the system though,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unplug printer power and usb

go into devices/printers on computer, right click the canon, and remove device

reboot computer

plug usb and printer power back in (use a different usb port this time, if possible)

devices/printers, add a printer, local printer, pick the canon