Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brand new Kyocera M6026 error message - toner cartidge

Customer Question
Brand new Kyocera M6026...

Brand new Kyocera M6026 error message - toner cartidge installed improperly

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Instructions says to install cartridges- it just doesnnt say how says to insert and push down until it clicks, I do not hear a click and am pushing on it pretty hard

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I hate waiting

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
i am waiting
still waiting nobody is there?
you have me pay and then disappear!
1/21/2016
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Electronics Pete

Hi there,

I see no-one has responded to your question. Sorry for the delay!

I am Pete, and I'd be happy to assist you with this.

First, ensure you are using a genuine Kyocera toner cartridge.

Remove it, clean the contact area with a clean cloth, then firmly insert it again.

If you get the same error message then the cartridge may be defective - try a different cartridge and let me know the results?

Brand new cartridges KyoceraNot "clicking in"You have not answered my question

Check that all packaging has been removed from the new machine.

If the cartridges are still not clicking in correctly then the only other explanation is that the machine has a fault.

Nice try Pete. Wrong again !

The cartridge should click in. If you are pushing firmly and the cartridge does not click but the cartridge is good then the only possibile cause is that the machine has a fault if you are doing everything correctly.

If everything was correct I would not JUST ASK for an answer Pete

I have given you the answer twice already: the machine is faulty.

No it isn't faulty

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

It is not working correctly - therefore it is faulty!

I called the vendor and there is a lock in the bottom of the machine that needed to be unlocked. There you go.

That is part of the cartridge locating procedure - you told me you were doing everything correctly.

No, Pete, you assumed I did. If everything was OK I would not have reached out for help...that ultimately wasn't there

I can only base my answer on the information you provide me with.

If you don't verify then you assume and miss the correct solution

Please let me know what else I can help you with today?