Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

WF-2630 I installed new black ink cartridge. Had trouble…

Customer Question
WF-2630 I installed new black ink...
WF-2630
I installed new black ink cartridge. Had trouble getting cartridge out to where I could change it. Must have pressed wrong buttons or something. After replacing old cartridge it won't print now. just plain paper comes out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/20/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you using new/genuine epson cartridges, or generic/refilled ones?

New Epson cartridge

Thank you for confirming.

This isn't a matter of setting anything wrong. As long as you installed the cartridge and got it into the slot properly, this isn't a cartridge issue.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.