Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have 009-654 error on Dell 1350cnw

Customer Question

Hello, I have 009-654 error on Dell 1350cnw
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have made many restarts the printer. The catridges are not original (not sure abou all). Took them out, then back in. That's all I' ve done. The problem started on summer, tried restart nothing and then out of power until today
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

​There are a few things you will need to do to set up the printer on your network to be printed to. Note that you must have your ipad and your printer connected to the same wifi network.

1. Check that this printer is turned on and the Apple device and this printer is connected to the LAN or connected in AP mode.

2. From the app of your Apple device, tap the operation icon to display the menu options.

3. From the menu options, tap Print.

4. From Printer Options, select the model that you are using.

Important

Note

• Because some app does not support AirPrint, Printer Options may not be displayed. If an app does not let you use printer options, you cannot print from that app.
    • The Printer Options differ depending on the app and model you are using.
  5. When printing a file type that has multiple pages, such as a PDF file, click Range and then click All Pages or select the range of pages to be printed.

6. For 1 Copy, click + or - to set the number of required copies.

7. For Duplex Printing, click On to enable duplex printing or click Off to disable the function.

8. Tap the Print.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is not a solution to my problem. I know how to setup my printer to network and also I did not ask instructions how to setup on my iPad, which I do not have.

I see that. I apologize. This answer was meant for a different customer with a similar issue.

But yours is a hardware error and it relates to the transfer belt in the printer. What I would suggest doing to resolve the error is removing and reseating the transfer belt in the printer. It may require replacement of the transfer belt, but that isn't always necessary. Reseating the belt will clear the error. If it comes up again, then replacement will be necessary.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, any ideas how to do it?

Yes, open the rear of the printer - this will expose the internal components. Flip the fuser release lever on the right. The transfer belt is the object in the center that looks like a belt the width of the paper path. Slide that out and re-seat it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, I but have no free time yet to check it that's the the reason I have not answered yet.

There is no rush. Let me know when you can. If you rate my level of service so far, then the question will stay with me and not go back to the open question pool. Rating will not affect our ability to communicate.