Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Are you a live person?
, workforce 840 does not detect

Customer Question

Customer: Are you a live person?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: workforce 840 does not detect dial tone for faxes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Usually that is an issue with the phone line

check the cord between the fax and the phone jack on the wall

make sure that it is plugged into the correct port on the fax

if you have a spare phone plug the end that goes into the fax directly into the phone and see if that gets a dial tone