Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Are you a live person?
, workforce 840 does not detect…

Customer Question
Are you a live...

Are you a live person?

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Workforce 840 does not detect dial tone for faxes

Technician's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/20/2016
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Usually that is an issue with the phone line

check the cord between the fax and the phone jack on the wall

make sure that it is plugged into the correct port on the fax

if you have a spare phone plug the end that goes into the fax directly into the phone and see if that gets a dial tone