Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

HOW TO CLEAN INK STAMP PAD ON CANON PIXMA MX512 PRINTER

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/20/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Please confirm that are you referring to the waste ink pads or something else

Let me know if you are getting error

I am referring to the waste ink pads and I am getting an error code of 5B02.

do you see a resume\stop button on the printer

There is a stop button on the printer.

ok

waste ink pads are usually sponge pads that absorb excess ink during printing

once they get full there is a risk of ink spillage within the printer causing further damage

however there is a counter reset step that can be tried

1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified 4 times

once done turn on printer and check..if the same error repeats the ink absorber would need to be replaced

you may contact canon at 1-800-OK-CANON to get the ink pad replaced

i hope you understand that in case of consumable parts i can suggest reset steps but cannot make an expended part work

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further