Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My canon pima mg8200 printer sounds like it is starting to…

Customer Question
my canon pima mg8200 printer...
my canon pima mg8200 printer sounds like it is starting to print, then it make a loud noise like gears stripping and it stops. the display instructs me to turn it off then turn it on and try again, if that does not work it instructs me to check the manual. there is no error code and i could not find anything related to this in the manual
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Was there a paper jam recently on the printer or did you change ink cartridges recently

please follow the below steps

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check

let me know the status and i will suggest further accordingly

download and install the driver from the link given below and let me know if you were able to install it fine.