Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I attached the printer to my computer via a usb line. I

Customer Question
i attached the printer to...
i attached the printer to my computer via a usb line. I still can't get it to scan a document and see it on my computer. Help!!! This is very frustrating. I have looked at the manual and at the screen on the printer to try and follow the instructions but nothing has worked.
thank you.
chris
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/19/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there Chris and welcome

You use the program Scan Utility which is installed to your computer during the installation of the printer.

Which version of windows or Mac do you have so I can tell you how to locate it.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,