Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Connecting an old mp620 canon to airport express
, well

Customer Question
Customer: connecting an old mp620...
Customer: connecting an old mp620 canon to airport express
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well the canon printer is quite old but im just trying to connect it to airport express so it can be used all around the house i have lots of apple products and normal pcs to print from would be nice to have everything printing from the mp620
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i dont mind paying i guess if its sorted
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
1/19/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to print (via USB cable) or to copy?

Do you have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Do you have Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11?

Are you able to go to the wireless menu on the printer's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following steps for how to set up the printer for wireless printing:

STEP 1:

1. On one Windows PC computer, please open Control Panel, then open Programs / Programs and Features (or Add/remove programs), then uninstall the Canon driver / program, if it's there.

2. Then open Control Panel, then open Printers (or Hardware and sound / Devices and printers), and if you still see any Canon printer there, then right-click on it and delete / remove it for now.

3. Click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp620/?tab=drivers

, then there, click on Drivers

, then download and install the item MP620 series Mini Master Setup

, follow the instructions during installation

; when prompted, make sure to select the option Connect printer to the network for the first time, and continue

- If needed, please click on the website below for more instructions / illustrations:

http://downloads.canon.com/wireless/setup_620_980_win.pdf

, then you should be able to print via wireless connection with that PC computer.

- Once STEP 1 is done successfully, i.e., you are able to print via wireless with one Windows PC now, then please do the following:

STEP 2:

- On all other Windows PC computers, please do the following:

1. Open Control Panel, then open Programs / Programs and Features (or Add/remove programs), then uninstall the Canon driver / program, if it's there.

3. Click on the Canon website below:

, then there, click on Drivers

, then download and install the item MP620 series Mini Master Setup (if there issue, download / install the item MP620 series MP Driver instead)

, when prompted, select the option Printer is already connected to the network (or something similar), and continue

, then check printing.

STEP 3:

- On all Apple Mac computers, please do the following:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then open Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax...)

2. Then click on the Canon item there, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and delete it for now.

3. Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and it should detect your wireless Canon printer, then add it

4. Then check printing.

Note: If needed, download and install the CUPS printer driver for your Mac computers at the website below, then try STEP 3 again:

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician