Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My brothers model HL-50 printer is printing fine, but the…

Customer Question
my brothers model HL-50 printer...
my brothers model HL-50 printer is printing fine, but the paper gets stuck on the way out. About 2/3 of the paper is printed and then it stops. It will sometimes print one single page, but gets stuck after that.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/18/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome Tammy

Can you remove the power to the printer please (so unplug the power from the power socket)

Then open the printer where you put the Ink in.

Wipe down all the rollers as best you can.

Let it dry then close up the printer and try to print.

Tell me if it then prints and processes the paper correctly please.

Let me know the results.

same issue. It does not want to make it over the top I have pulled it out as a jam, and the page is completely printed, but it would not come out on its own.

Are the rollers moving and slipping or they are not moving at all?

They are moving. The page gets 1/2 way to the top, it is completely printed but will not "continue" to drop it in the top of the printer.

Thanks

Have you tried new paper just to be sure? From a new realm of paper?

no change

Thanks

It is the internal roller or drive motor for the roller that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have a diagnostics performed and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you