Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother MFC-J870DW all in one printer/fax when I…

Customer Question
I have a brother MFC-J870DW...
I have a brother MFC-J870DW all in one printer/fax when I try to print it keeps telling me it is not connected to my computer, despite the fact that it recognizes my network
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you've gone to the Wireless / Wi-Fi / network setup on the printer's screen and connected it to your wireless network name successfully right?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Xfinity yes we can do a remote session. Mac with Yosemite OSX

I do live online support. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website to connect remotely with me, then I can fix the issue directly on your computer for you:

http://www.teamviewer.com/

, then download and install the TeamViewer application

, then tell me the ID and Password ***** in the TeamViewer application.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please do the followings on the printer:

1. Press wrench / screwdriver icon (Settings).
  2. Press All Settings.
  3. Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Print Reports.
    Press Print Reports.
  4. Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Network Configuration.
    Press Network Configuration.
  5. Press OK. And it will print outer the network configuration page.
  6. Then let me know the SSID (network name), and the IP address showing on the printout page.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Reply button below to continue. Thank you.