Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My iP4920 issued an error code B200 - what should I do now?

Customer Question
my iP4920 issued an error...
my iP4920 issued an error code B200 - what should I do now ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/17/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

Error B200 means the printhead voltage or temperature is not normal. The Printhead could be defective and you may have to replace the printhead to solve the problem, but first, try these solutions below and check the result.

Solution 1:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer.
  • Wait 1 hour.
  • Connect the power cable

Solution 2:

• Check and Clean Head contact pin condition of the carriage unit
  • Check Cable connection especially the carriage FFC

Solution 3:

• Turn off the power
  • Open the panel
  • Turn on the power
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left.
  • Let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on

Solution 4:

• Unplug the power cable.
  • Open the printer
  • Push the whole print head mechanic to the center
  • While the printer still open, plug the power and turn it ON.
  • When the printhead still moving and is going to the very LEFT, close the cover.
  • Wait until its boot up.

Solution 4a:

• Take out all of the ink cartridges
  • Lift up the grey bar by where the ink goes
  • Left the print head in the middle of the printer all while the printer was off.

Solution 4b (thank you Jeremy):

• Clean the plastic head primers/cleaners themselves on the printer (the far right)

Solution 4c (thank you Rhiann):

• Turn off the printer
  • Open the cover
  • Turn on the printer
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on.

Solution 5:

Solution 5a:

Solution 6:

• Replace the power supply unit.

Solution 7:

• Replace the logic board.