Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I gave your service a five dollar deposit a little earlier…

Customer Question
I gave your service a...
I gave your service a five dollar deposit a little earlier in the evening and I received no answer. How would you like to handle that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/17/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. I do not see your previous question, but I can help you here at this web page.

Is it the Brother printer model MFC-J285DW?

Was it working previously? Or is this a new printer or new iPhone, etc.?

What is the brand/ model of your Internet wireless modem/router device?

Is the printer currently connected to Wi-Fi / wireless or not?

Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

My printer was working previously on the walk by network just fine. I have a iPhone 6s Plus and an Apple iPad. My network name is ***** *****

Is the iPad tablet currently able to print to the printer or not?

I was able to print from the iPad and from the iPhone now I cannot print from anything
I cannot print from the iPad or the iPhone at all, but all three are connected to the same network

I'm sorry about that. Let's try one solution at a time.

Solution #1:

- Disconnect the power cords from both your printer and your Internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect, then turn on printer

, then wait a few minutes, then check printing.

Solution #2:

- On both the iPhone and iPhone, please do the following:

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name

, then check printing.

I'm sorry, it seems your payment did not clear, so I could not accept your phone call request. You can call your credit card company to clear payment for JustAnswer or I can continue to help you at this web page without any additional cost. Were you able to try both my solutions above?

I need to switch to a different payment method for the phone call. Rebooting everything did not help the problem

Sorry, were you able to reset the network settings on the iPad and the iPhone? Thank you.

Please give me an opportunity to change my payment method for the phone call
Can you give me an alternative payment method for the phone call please?
I have ask you three times to give me an opportunity to pay for the phone call with a different payment method. My printer is still not working and I need to talk to you I will give you a different payment method for the phone call

I'm sorry, I'm the tech, so our customer service will have to take care of the billing. Do you see option My Account at the top of this web page? Or do you see the Help option at the top or the Contact Us option at the bottom for our customer service phone number?

By the way, are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)? Thank you.

Sorry, our customer service is only available from 6am to 9pm PST. You can try changing your payment method in the My Account option at the top of this web page. And/or we can continue tomorrow. Or you can try:

- Make sure you did try both my previous solutions above.

- The last step: Basically you would need to do the following steps on the printer:

Solution #3:

1. Press the WiFi option on printer, then select Setup Wizard.
  2. If prompted for "Enable WLAN?", then select Yes
  3. Select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name.

Please click on the two attachment websites links for the full instructions / illustrations.

Please let me know. Thank you.