Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Canon PIXMA MX470 paperjam inpuy slot and output slot

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Hello?
1/16/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

if you havent run through the full procedure to remove a jam from the input and output slots. Please refer to the info below and thoroughly run through these steps.

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MX470%20series/EN/ERR/err_other0100.html

There are visual and written steps, as well as an instructional video on that page.

If that doesnt work for you or if you need further assistance, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I watched the video and cannot find the release button to open the door on the bottom of the printer to pull the paper out
I cannot find any release button on the bottom of the printer to push to open the door to pull the jammed paper out.

Ok.. Are you sure its a MX 470 exactly?

And not a 475 or a MP 470 ?

have the Getting Started Manual right next to me PIXMA MX470series
on the front of the printer it has MX472

MX 472.. Thank you~

These two videos are specific to your model. One is for the paper feed and the other is for the output slot

http://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49727/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDUyOTIyNzc3L3NpZC9KcWxEb0VHbQ%3D%3D

http://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49725/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDUyOTIyNzc3L3NpZC9KcWxEb0VHbQ%3D%3D

Dustin S.

I have watched both videos, have the printer on its side so I am looking at the bottom. I can SEE the jammed paper but NO button to open the door
Are you looking up 472? Doesn't seem like it should be this difficult

If you can see the jammed paper,, is there any way you can try and slowly pull it out and remove it?

And I am looking at the 472. If you have it turned on its right side..

Im unsure of why you cannot locate the lever at the top side of the machine as shown in the video..

I cannot pull the paper out, something is holding it IN, what I see looks DIFFERENT than the video picture. There is an orange tape on q Black panel that has a BIG lever in the middle with and arrow pointing down. If I push that-nothing happens. Can I send you a picture of it?
Can you see the picture?

Did you send me a picture here?

I sent you a picture from my cell phone in response to your message

It hasnt shown up here.. It might help, if you send the picture through wikisend.com

and then provide a download link~

I do not know how to provide a download link. I have the picture on my cell phone in GALLERY. You will have to explain how to send you the picture if I select it on my phone
if you give me your email address I can sen the picture as an attachment

My apologies for the delay.. Were a bit swamped right now~

Unfortunately, company policy dictates that to speak directly whether its via email, or over the phone, or a screen sharing session that has to be sent as an additional service.. I can send that request at the lowest possible price point if its only email communication~

No thanks.
Seems to be a SCAM to me.
You do not have information to HELP me with simple paper jam and I have provided exact model # ***** watched the videos.
There is NO LEVER on my model that looks like the video.
We have been working on this for more than 1 hour.
I would like my money back.
Is there a reference # ***** with this discussion that I can have please?

I will send you the link to request a refund.

as far as being a scam, once you have that refund a few things will be clear in hindsight.

Ive went by the model number you gave me, mx 470 at first and then mx 472..

The videos I sent you, are from Official canon support and they match the model you said you have.

The hours worth of assistance I did my best to provide, will be at my expense and not yours. ( once you receive the refund )

If thats a scam, t hen I suggest you never go to best buy or pay any other major tech support outfit for help. As theres no refunds with them, period. Whether or not they fix the issue.

Either way, Im sorry things didnt work out. And I wish you luck with resolving the issue.

Here is the refund link. https://www.bing.com/search?q=justanswer+refund&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR