Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a new modum and I need to Connect the Wi-Fi password

Customer Question
***** the printer. What...
I have a new modum and I need to Connect the Wi-Fi password ***** the printer. What setting should I use?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
1/15/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. What's your new modem?

What are the settings / options the printer is giving you?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back to continue. Or you can try a possible solution below:

Solution #1:

1. On the printer's screen, press the Setup (tool / wrench) icon.

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/image1_tcm14-1109741.png

2. Then use the arrow buttons to select option Device settings, then press OK button.

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/image2_tcm14-1109732.png

3. Select option LAN settings, then press OK button.

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/image3_tcm14-1109739.png

4. Select option Wireless LAN setup, then press OK button.

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/image4_tcm14-1109727.png

5. Press the red Stop / Reset button

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/stop%20button_tcm14-1109740.png

, then the following screen will be displayed:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/image5_tcm14-1109718.png

6. When the above screen displayed, press the OK button.

, then the printer will search all available wireless networks:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/image6_tcm14-1109720.png

7. Use the arrow keys to select the name of your wireless network (also referred to as SSID) and press the OK button twice.

8. If the following screen appears, using the numeric buttons on the machine, you can enter the security passphrase (wireless password ***** network key) of your wireless network. It is case-sensitive.

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/image7_tcm14-1109734.png

- The machine has three input modes: uppercase mode, lowercase mode, and numeric mode. Press the button to switch to the uppercase mode (:A), lowercase mode (:a), or numeric mode (:1). (Displayed in top right of screen)

- For example, in the uppercase mode, pressing the 2 button once will give you "A" and pressing the button twice will give you "B" etc. If you have 2 characters contained within the same button, press the arrow key to advance to the next character. If you accidentally make a mistake, you can delete the character by pressing the Return key:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/2-10_tcm14-1109712.png

- Once you have finished entering the passphrase / password, press the OK button. Then following screen will appear:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Images/image10_tcm14-1109726.png

, then press OK button.

- Once that is done successfully, then see if you can print now.

- Also, please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mx434_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

, at the above website, click on the option Standard Connection Method, then follow the instructions / illustrations there. Thank you.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please uninstall the Canon driver / program from your computer

, then click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx432/

, then there, click on DRIVERS & DOWNLOAD

, then download and install the item MX430 series Mini Master Setup if available; if not available, download and install the Driver.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician