Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

My Dell 5110cn printer is locked up with error codes. Menu

Customer Question

Customer: My Dell 5110cn printer is locked up with error codes. Menu button unresponsive.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was giving me a false paper jam error. I reseated all of the toners and now it tells me to Insert Toner for each of the 4 colors.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait if the fee is less. I am willing to pay only if my printer will print again.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Turn off the printer, push a piece of card through it to remove any paper fragments that may be causing paper jam errors, then remove the toners and clean their connections before inserting them again.

Turn the printer on and check if it prints ok now.

If it doesn't, reply back and let me know what error codes you are getting...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toner cartridges are cleaned and re-seated. No more errors on them.
I still get a paper jam error 071-101.
I've checked carefully for bits of paper, but there is none.
The last print I attempted was a 4-page job. The first page printed just fine, and the error popped up before the 2nd page was attempted to be pulled from the tray.
The menu is now fully accessible.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please reply
Thanks