John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am unable to connect my NEW Canon Pixma mx922 to computer

Customer Question

Customer: Hi ***** *****. I am unable to connect my NEW Canon Pixma mx922 to computer wirelessly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I have an active signal between router and printer. I have tried to install from CD. No luck. I have downloaded installation from Canon. No luck. All lights are on and running as directed on router and printer and I have a network configuration page printed from printer that shows everything should be working.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, I still need help, please.

After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not interested in the remote service Jason.

Thank you for the update. How do you wish to continue? I need more information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you need? Dell computer, xp windows. Have read the on line manual for canon and tried almost everything they suggested for connecting. Have read community blogs and taken suggestions. still nothing. thank you.

What is the IP address that was given to the printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Printer matches address with primary server. You need the number?

What is the IP Address on the printer?

What is the IP address of your router?

Do you still need help with this?
Thank you,
​Jason