Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

MG5620 wouldn't print. Recent download of Win10 was the

Customer Question
MG5620 wouldn't print. Recent...
MG5620 wouldn't print. Recent download of Win10 was the culprit, I thought. Have been on the laptop's download file and printer shows up. Downloaded a complete reset of printer drivers. Checked wireless setup. Logged into site indicating fixes for Win10 & printers. Bot***** *****ne: printer asked for password. I've given it the two possibilities that I have written down. Neither works. Even gave it the Access Point password (AT&T). Nothing is working (WIFI is "on" and hasn't been "off"). Now the printer is showing an error message (triangular yellow-orange lightning symbol).
How do I reset the printer password? Why the error message (yes, ink is a bit low but the damn thing isn't printing anyway...). Thanks for your help. Love Canon products - this one, not so much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
1/12/2016
Technician: Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician replied 1 year ago
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for a Wi-Fi/wireless password ***** passphrase?

What is the error or message when entering the password?

Can you turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn it back on, then can you make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Re: WIFI/wireless password ***** the screen instructions simply said enter the password ***** connect to the access point, presumably the AT&T U-Verse router
Re: what is error message - check to see that the correct access point is selected (it is); check that the selected passphrase is correct (I tried 2 different ones that I had written down); restart the access point - if the same message occurs, see the access point manual and check the settings
Re: printer turn off and wait - I will do that as soon as I'm finished here
Re: Model of internet modem/router device - AT&T U-Verse - has a number 5031NV but I don't see another number
Re: laptop able to connect via wireless - yes and it has WIN10 on itAm turning off printer, disconnecting & will try making a copy from the glass. Did you read previous messages that I entered at this site?

Yes, I just got your message. Please only type at the box below on this web page, then click on the Reply button below. OK, after disconnecting / reconnecting the power cord from printer, then turn on printer, then let me know what happens when you try to make a copy from the printer's glass. Thank you.

Please do the following on your Windows 10 laptop in order to confirm your wireless password (that is the access point password):

- Right-click on the wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
(Or go to Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.)
Then click on your wireless network name on the right of Connections item.
Then click on Wireless Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.
Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your wi-fi / wireless password (it is case-sensitive.)
Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. The printer performed the printing. I have just clicked on my network icon (after doing all the instructions listed above and being informed that I had no internet connection). I plugged in the printer USB and Clicking on the network icon re-connected the printer and the network. And the printer printed a page that had been in the queue. I think I'll try another page to see if the printer is performing. It is not. I attempted to print an excel document.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was stored on my laptop.

Great. Please let me know if you can print another page. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. It won't print.

Were you able to get the wireless network password/key with my steps? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. The reason is that your steps weren't listing anything that I was seeing - the "wireless properties" and "security" tabs were not listed. Nor anything that appeared to be close to that wording. I never saw anything below those steps. I clicked on listings that I thought might be close, but the clicks didn't take me to anything that made sense.

When you go to Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center, do you see your
your wireless network name on the right of Connections item? Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've just tried printing something else (a one pager).Re: network name on Connections item - yes, it's there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The printing (one pager) did not print.

Then click on Wireless Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.

Do you see those options? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, I'm sorry - I disconnected our discussion. I *did* find the security key to the network. I already had it written in my password *****We were working on the Canon MG5620 "not printing" problem when I inadvertently closed the connection. You'd asked me to check the network connection and to locate the security code for the modem, which I did. Then you asked me to do something else, which I lost due to fumble fingers. Obviously I have logged back in through the website to reach you.

Great. Can you please try the key / password ***** for your printer?

Please reply a the box below on this web page only. Thank you.

Make sure you did connect the printer to the exact wireless network name as with your laptop and enter the exact key / password (note any uppercase / lowercase letter; password ***** key is case-sensitive.)

- If needed, download and install the latest "MG5600 series Full Driver & Software Package..." at the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg5620/

It looks like you are away, when you are available, please reply at the box below on this web page in order to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician