Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I am trying to figure out which laser printer is best ; not

Customer Question
Customer: I am trying to...
Customer: I am trying to figure out which laser printer is best for envelopes; not volume, but just quality. I run Mac OS, BTW
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No, that's it... my current brother printer doesn't print envelopes well at all without mashing up the envelope
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
It needs to be wireless and compact as well. I was looking at the Browther HL-2270DW as an option, but my current printer that is terrible with envelopes is a Brother all-in-one laser, so I am leery of Brother for this.
1/12/2016
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

How much are you looking to spend and does it need to be color ?

if you arent doing much volume an ink jet printer might work for you. I have been quite happy with my epson workforce 2650 on both paper and envelopes. It wont do photo quality but for business quality it works quite well. and it cost about 60 bucks.

i think i would personally go with an hp for a laser printer. If you want a cheap one this one is under 200 and it has a separate slot for envelopes above the paper tray.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/400372/HP-LaserJet-Pro-Wireless-Monochrome-Laser/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Printers_Scanners_Faxes-_-400372-VQ6-47886868076-VQ16-c-VQ17-pla-VQ18-online-VQ19-400372-VQ20-80355583556-VQ21-&gclid=COKvxPaGo8oCFQMLaQodV8IBdg

That looks like it could work, however my brother all-in-one that I use now has an envelope feeder above the paper tray and it mangles the envelopes. However, on the brother, you have to open a latch in the back... do you know if it's the same thing on this HP, or would it feed through to the top?

It does not say that you need to on this one.

usually that is to give it a straighter paper path so it doesnt jam. thicker media often needs that on cheaper printers.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-scanjet-pro-3000-s2-sheet-feed-scanner/4110394/model/4110306/document/c02011111

it does have an external piece that you have to plug in to keep a stack of paper shorter than 185 mm in the multi purpose tray. But a standard #10 envelope is longer than that

You should also avoid envelopes with seams that dont go all the way to the corners as they can scrunch up going through the rollers. Though they dont show that as a problem with this model they do on some of the older ones

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01730567

Robert M., Consultant