Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Epson 820-won't print "black and" only when color cartridge

Customer Question
Epson 820-won't print "black and...
Epson 820-won't print "black and white" only when color cartridge is empty
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/10/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

How to set your printer's software to print only in Black or Grayscale in Windows or OS X

Open a document, then follow the steps below for your operating system to select Black/Grayscale or Grayscale in the printer driver.

Note: To keep the print head clear and ready to print, the printer uses a small amount of ink from all the cartridges whenever it prints. Even if you select Black/Grayscale or Grayscale, some color ink is still being used. Black/Grayscale or Grayscale is not recommended for printing black-and-white photos.

Note: If your product displays a message instructing you to replace an expended ink cartridge, you will need to replace the cartridge before you can print.

Windows

1. Select the print command in your application.
  2. Make sure the product is selected.
  3. Click Properties or Preferences.

Note: If you don't see these buttons, click Setup, Printer, or Options, then click Properties or Preferences on the next screen.

4. Click the Main tab.
  5. Select Black/Grayscale as the Color setting.
  6. Click OK.

MAC OS X

2. Make sure the product is selected.
  3. Click the or Show Details button to expand the Print window, if necessary.
  4. Select Print Settings from the printer options pop-up menu.
  5. Select Grayscale as the Color setting.
  6. Click Print.

NOTE: Color cartridges must be good and not empty.

You did not help me at all-in my question I specifically told you I one empty color cartridge, and could not print in B&W only. Your response was to repalce the color cartridge. That is of no help to me whatsoever.

you cannot change the technology i gave you the correct answer which is applicable to the printer.

NOTE: Color cartridges must be good and not empty

You should not be charging me for something I already knew-I told you that the printer wasn't printing with the empty cartridge.
I asked you to fix the problem, not tell me what I already knew. You should have said there is no way to do it and not charged me. This is a real ripoff.

Contact customer care we provide 100% satisfaction guarantee. You cannot print only black if the color cartridges are empty you can print only black when the color cartridges are present and must not be empty then you can use only black to print. I hope i have provided you the correct information about the printer technology of the printer you have.

John, Computer Science Engineer