Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an Epson Artisan 810 printer which my wife used to

Customer Question
try to print an envelope...
I have an Epson Artisan 810 printer which my wife used to try to print an envelope. However, she placed the envelope along the left hand side of the paper try instead of the right hand side. The envelope jammed in the printer. I have cleared the jammed envelope and determined that there are no scraps of paper in the tray feed, duplexer or scanner feed nor caught underneath on the bottom of the printer below the tray. Any thoughts ? When I turn the printer on, a sound of grinding plastic gears emanates from the left rear of the printer and the "paper jam error" comes up on the screen. Thanks, Dave
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Did removing the envelope require any roughness, or any considerable force expended on removing it or scraps of it?

Did you get all, repeat all, of the envelope removed (if it came out in pieces) ? this is important.

Does paper feed into the printer at all, when (or before) the grinding and the Paper Jam error appear?

Your printer may, unfortunately, require some repair-servicing to work again, if paper removal required any roughness. And if there are still *any* scraps of that envelope left in the printer, it will have to be found and removed (if this is the case, I will give you specific instructions.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no, the printer does not feed paper as the jam indicator turns on before it can cycle to the "ready" state to print. Unfortunately, your response has not den helpful nor worth the $33.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I'm sorry that my efforts have not been helpful so far. Your printer may simply be 'broken', unfortunately.

Would you like to try another Expert's approach (at no additional charge, and just at the cost of a bit of waiting) ? if so, let me know, please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO, I don't want another "so called" expert. You did not read my question correctly the first time. I would like a full refund of my $33. If not refunded, I will stop the charge at the credit card company and rate your "assistance" as "bad". I hope that we can resolve this without resorting to a "bad" rating. Thank you. Dave

I have no power over refunds. For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

I am curious as to your assertion that I did not read your question correctly the first time. I thought (just to defend myself with a reasonably short summation) that it was a matter of a paper jam of an envelope and a persistent paper jam indication.

The printer will probably have to be repair-serviced, or else replaced. Grinding gear sounds (usually a malpositioned or broken cam or similar part) generally do.

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com, and good luck.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russel H, what I am referring to when I state that you did not read my original e-mail correctly is that you asked if all remnants of the envelope had been removed from the printer: "Did you get all, repeat all, of the envelope removed (if it came out in pieces) ? this is important."I specifically stated in my original e-mail that not only had I removed the duplexer, paper trays, etc to confirm that no paper was left in the printer, but that also the original envelope was removed in it's entirety, with no missing pieces.I will contact Customer Service as you direct. Thanks, Dave

Thank you for the explanation. I sometimes have to double-check on details like that. I guess I may have overdone it a little this time.

Good luck with the printer. Contacting Customer Service should get results - if it doesn't, let me know and I will pass your request up the line myself.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech