Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I just bought an HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer a couple of

Customer Question

Customer: I'm Dave. I just bought an HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer a couple of months ago. It has never worked right. Just now nothing is working: won't print, won't copy, won't scan or fax. The online website is confusing and unhelpful. Very frustrated!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: One additional factor: I recently changed to w Windows 10
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What specific problem are you having with it?
Is it showing any error code/message on the printer itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No errors showing on the printer itself. Typically, the command to print makes the machine rumble and click for about a minute. You can hear the paper going into place repeated times. After a minute passes, the printer gives you a blank sheet. This is just printing! It plain won't copy or scan.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information, Dave.

You've got some internal issues there, at a minimum it sounds like a fault in the line feed mechanism, and quite possibly a bad printhead as well.

There are several steps I could guide you through to take the printer apart, clean it, and reset it.

But, this is time consuming, messy, has a low chance of success, and will void what warranty you do have.
Since it is only a few months old, your best recourse here is really to contact the retailer and ask for an exchange/refund. If past the return policy with them, you can file a warranty claim with HP. If you are able to get a refund, which would be ideal, I can recommend a more reliable replacement model for you.

If you prefer to try the steps yourself, let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.