Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I had a piece of paper get jammed and it made a terrible

Customer Question

Hi I had a piece of paper get jammed and it made a terrible noise and now the print is very bad. I have an EpsonNX415
thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Did you get all the paper out?
Is it printing now, just with poor quality (smeared)?
Any error messages?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
paper came out easily. No error message
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. This means that either the printhead was damaged, or that the printer is out of alignment.

Open up the printer, and look for the "carriage" that goes back and forth (on metal rails) over the paper while printing. This is the printhead.

Unfortunately your model does not have a removable printhead, so it will have to be cleaned in place. Fold up a piece of paper towel in quarters the long way, saturate the middle with rubbing alcohol, slide it under the print head, and pick up on the ends while moving up and down to clean it (think of drying your back with a towel).

Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will have to try this tomorrow but will let you know. Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,