John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Need Print Character To Enable Landscape and Portrait modes

Customer Question

Need Print Character To Enable Landscape and Portrait modes For Samsung Ml-3312nd
Submitted: 1 year ago via HelpOwl.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Could you please explain the question a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have print jobs spooled to the printer queue of a Samsung ML-3312ND laser printer. They were initiated by a telnet service (PICK). The printer needs to change from portrait to landscape from this environment. On other laser printers (HP) I can configure the landscape or portrait by printing certain control characters. Example: control-2 and control-q printed together send the format to landscape. Then another control character configures the printer back to portrait. I need to know what characters to print on this Samsung printer to configure the output to be in landscape or portrait format. Even changing the printer properties to landscape is not working. I need to be able to programmatically change the format just like MS WORD may do it. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let me check if another expert can better assist you with this...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. It should be like programmatically changing the FONT. But landscape/portrait. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey- What is that status on this question? I have been charged -- but do not have a response! HELP!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello -- it's been over 24 hours. PLEASE HELP. Can you give me an update? Can you see what control-characters change the FONT and the control characters for the landscape/portrait will probably be in the same chart/appendix. Please research. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is simple. There are printed-characters - usually control characters -- that change the FONT and the PAGE format (landscape and portrait) for a printer. I just need to know what characters to print to change from landscape and portrait.
PLEASE HELP> DO NOT GIVE UP ON ME!!!