Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Canon iP4600 will not print black - from any program. Prints

Customer Question

Canon iP4600 will not print black - from any program. Prints test page perfectly. I am using a Mac running g 10.7.5 and have installed latest driver version for this software.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem.

1. Open your printer window in Preferences and uninstall he printer software again by highlighting the icon for your print server (printer) and clicking on the -Remove Printer link.

2. IMPORTANT: Reset the printing system by clicking on the -Remove link again while pressing and holding the Options key on the keyboard.

3. Restart your iMac computer.

4. Reinstall the printer software by clicking on the +Add Printer link and following the onscreen instructions for a wireless connection.

5. Print a test page and then print a page from any program.

Please let me know if these important steps: #2, which resets the printing system, and #3, which reboots your operating system, make a difference and solve your problem.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help - but - no your suggestion has not resolved the issue. I was very careful to follow the steps and repeated the process. Same outcome each time.Kind regards

Thanks for letting me know. I will opt out and give other experts a chance to solve the problem now.

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, try installing the latest CUPS driver from the link below.

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip4600.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Mac%20OS%20X%2010.7%20%28Lion%29

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N