John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer seems to be caught in a loop. I turned off the

Customer Question

My printer seems to be caught in a loop. I turned off the computer, deleted the document I was printing when it went crazy and unplugged the printer. Every time it came back on it started printing page after page of strange symbols.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it print when the computer is turned on or off? Or it does not matter?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Does it print when the internet modem/router device's power cord is disconnected?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,