Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

A stack of about ten sheets of paper were sucked into the

Customer Question
printer. I can't pull them...
A stack of about ten sheets of paper were sucked into the printer. I can't pull them out. And the printer will not function.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
1/3/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is only fair and honest to say, first, that this sort of problem usually results in a printer either going to the repair shop (albeit not expensively in all cases), or else being wrecked in the effort to extract the paper... or else, being replaced as a whole. It's no a minor error in most cases.

On the other hand: Where exactly in the printer is the paper?

And, what maker and model # ***** printer is it?

With that information, I will be able to tell you whether the releasing of the paper will be simple (as opposed to, the correcting of the problem so it doesn't happen again, which is seldom very easy.)

The printer is Canon PIXMA MG2120. It is about 4 years old, and the Canon repair site depicts a somewhat different printer, along with instructions for releasing the transport part of the printer. I have tried without success to release the transporter because I cannot find the "release lever" on my printer.The paper is all the way in the printer with about an inch still protruding from the input side. Incidentally, this has never happened before to me.

I understand.

I think we first need to determine what actual model of printer you have, so as to access and give out advice that actually applies to your model of printer.

Look on the manufacturer's label on the back side or the under side of the printer, please What model # ***** ***** there?

And, does this resemble your model (aside, perhaps, from the color of the case) ?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221968846210?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

One label shows LFWA 06111
Another label shows Canon Multifunction printer
K10371
QC3-6224-DB01-01
PS

That information, unfortunately, is not indicative of the true model #.

Can you look on the underside of the printer, please? that must be where the true manufacturer's label is.

If turning the printer onto its side, turn it onto the side that is on the right as you face the front of the printer. And be careful not to let the top part flap loose, swing loose, and break, or break something.

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech