Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Just purchased a MB2320 printer. Downloaded drivers and got

Customer Question
Just purchased a MB2320 printer...
Just purchased a MB2320 printer. Downloaded drivers and got message that the printer has been successfully added and that a test page has been sent to the printer, however the printer is not responding. It is hooked up via usb cable. Any suggestions? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
1/2/2016
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Can you tell me, what is the version of Windows you are using ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 7

Sorry for the late reply, do you know, how to open the Devices and Printers window from your PC ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can open it

OK, open it and let me know, if you can see the Canon printer icon with a check mark or not ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will not allow me to check mark it to set as default printer. Says it needs troubleshooting, however when I troubleshoot it , it cannot fix the problem

OK, now right click on the icon and select Remove Device, let me know when the icon disappear .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its gone

Now disconnect the printer USB cable from the PC and wait for few secs. then, reconnect it. The printer icon should reapper after few mins. with the check mark, let me know after that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The printer icon has appeared, but the green check marl is one One Note
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mark

Now, try to right click on the printer icon and set it as default printer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Said Operation could not be completed (error Ox00000709). Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network.

Thanks for the error code. This is a registry error, if you are comfortable with registry editing then, follow the steps from the link below or watch the video from this LINK to solve the problem. If you are not comfortable then, I can directly connect with your PC and help you to solve the problem.

http://www.itechfever.com/how-to-fix-error-0x00000709/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will try in a couple of minutes and let you know how I make out

Thanks, ***** ***** be offline at that time. but I will definately get back to you , as soon as I get online again. Please do remember to give positive rating, if your problem get solve.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did everything you said, got all the way through till it was sending a test page and I got the same failure that the printer is not responding...

Do you still get this message "Operation could not be completed (error Ox00000709)" ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, got all the way to it sending a test page to the printer and the box says printer not responding. I tried a different usb cable and that made no difference. I tried to install the printer on my daughter's Mac book and it went flawlessly.

OK, so now you can set the printer as default printer, right ?

As this is a all in one printer, can you try to make a copy, instead of printing from the PC and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will copy

Thanks, ***** ***** there is some software problem, I can directly connect with your windows PC and help you to solve the problem.

Sudipto, Engineer