Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Fax machine says paper jam makes a loud noise there is no

Customer Question

fax machine says paper jam makes a loud noise there is no paper jam
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The sound of what you describe is familiar to me, and is most probably owing to a misfeed of paper, or paper not feeding in at all from the paper source.

Try to correct the situation, by removing all paper from it, opening the paper source or paper tray area as much as possible, examining it, and putting paper properly back into it, and trying again.

If that changes nothing, then try turning it Off for about 15 minutes or longer.

Then turn the device back On again, and see if it has improved. If not, then let me know:

1. what maker and model # ***** device is, please.

2. how old it is.

3. whether there was indeed a paper jam or any interruption of the progress of paper into or through the machine, just before this problem as it is started happening.

Let me know the above points, and I will advise you further. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's Stiil not working did everything u said Espon xp 820 stays on paper jam
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

How old is your Epson XP 820, please?

Was there a paper jam in the device, where real paper stopped somewhere in the machine, just before this started happening?