Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have had a Brother HL-L2360D printer (lovin' it) 1 1/2

Customer Question

Good Day! I have had a Brother HL-L2360D printer (lovin' it) for about 1 1/2 years now. On December 24, 2015, it went into a 'deep sleep' and I cannot get it to wake up!! The only thing it will print is the 'Printer Settings' 3 page report. In the beginning, it went to 'sleep' but now it is in 'deep sleep'. Please help! Even my local tech can't figure it out.
Thanx for your help. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Nancy Coffey
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you see "Deep Sleep" on the printer screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I highlighted this printer on my Control Panel. I was stunned to see that it indicated an Error in the block designated for my
HL L2360D. I don't recall seeing that message before today.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the error message ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did. The word Error has appeared under the name of the printer on my Control Panel. I have 3 printers in the office that 3 computers are networked to. So the little box for the HL L2360D now in faint print says Error.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me, what version of Windows do you use ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have confirmed that none of the other operators have any print jobs sitting in the que for any of the printers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I am NOT computer savy. If you can tell me where to go to look for it, I will be happy to do so (Sorry!).
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What is the exact and entire error on the printer itself? For example it may just be some flashing lights.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy, I do not have any flashing lights. I can however push the start button and go back and forth between 'SLEEP' and 'DEEP SLEEP', those are my only options.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It almost seems like I need a reset button. I have unplugged the machine and turned it off and on, but so far nothing has helped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Freddy, Are you there? It has been 10 minutes since my last response to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy, It has been 24 hours since your last missive. I am concerned that I will acquire yet another $23.00 charge to my checking account and still not have an answer. So far I have spent $46.00, yet my printer is still sleeping, $46.00 is just about 1/2 what I paid for this machine 1 year ago. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

it is supposed to come right out of the deep sleep mode if you push any button on the control panel of the printer

if it is not doing that than the printer is stuck and probably has a physical problem with the chip set

the only thing that i can tell you to try is to leave it on and with it still on

unplug it from the wall

wait a few minutes and then plug it in again

if that wont reset it probably nothing will

but you should try making a copy directly from the printer if you can

and check that the usb cable is connected on both ends the printer and the computer