John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Burt is name. Just set up a hp M127 all in one. When sending

Customer Question

Customer: Burt is name. Just set up a hp M127 all in one. When sending a fax, report page says busy. Sent several faxes to different numbers and get same result. Numbers are working.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Fax seems to be set up properly. Line is not dedicated and the machine Fax Self Test reports that everything is hooked up correctly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Burt.

How do you get your phone service? Is it a copper landline from phone company, or is it a cable or voip line?

Are you able to receive faxes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Land line through ATT and we are able to receive a fax.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, when you are sending a fax, what are you dialing? If you put in the full 10 digit phone number (including area code), even for local, will it go through that way?

Do you get a specific error code/number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually, I just figured out the problem. Thank you, ***** ***** deposit should be refunded.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I have no control over billing or account related matters.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

If I had the requested details sooner, I would have been able to resolve it for you more quickly.