Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I'm trying to scan using an Epson Workforce WF 3620

Customer Question

I'm trying to scan using an Epson Workforce WF 3620 connected to
a Mac running OSX 10.10.5. Printing and copying is not problem.
I followed User Manual instructions, but when I hit "scan" I get a
message that my computer is not connected. What am I missing?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? Or is this a new printer or new computer, etc.?

If it was working previously, was there any change recently to your computer or internet modem/router device that may have caused this issue?

What happens when you use a scanning program from the computer (not using the Scan button on the printer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. Let me provide a possible solution you can try when you are available.

- First, open Finder -> Applications, and if you see any Epson item there, then trash it.

- Then download and install the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package at the website below:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=232591&infoType=Downloads

, or you can use the direct download website link below:

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson15401.dmg

; note: the download file name is called epson15401.dmg

- Once installation is finished, then open Finder -> Applications -> Epson..., then open the EPSON Scan application and use it to scan.

; (if needed, open the Epson Scan settings to select the correction printer/scanner connection type first.)

; if needed, also, open Finder -> Applications -> Image Capture (and/or Preview), and scan.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The WF 3620 is quite new, with the print and copy functions working as indicated by the User's Manual. It's wired to my computer, a Mac running OSX 10.10.5, with a USB cable. I've not been able to get it to scan. What do you mean by "scanning program from the computer"?

Did you install the printer's scanner driver previously?

On the computer, can you open Finder -> Applications -> Epson...->EPSON Scan, and use the EPSON Scan application on the computer to scan?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you do not see the application EPSON Scan on the computer, then please download and install the Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility at the website below:

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson16880.dmg

; the download file name is called epson16880.dmg

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Another solution is to download and install the ICA Scanner Driver for Image Capture at the website below:

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson17316.dmg

; note: the download file name is called epson17316.dmg

- Once done installing, then open Finder -> Applications -> Image Capture, and scan.

; (if needed, open Finder icon, then click on Go menu at the top, then click on Applications, then open Image Capture or Epson / EPSON Scan.)

When you are available, please reply back at he box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.