Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

How do you install onto your laptop the canon 5520

Customer Question

how do you install onto your laptop the canon 5520
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/mg5520/

, then there, download and install the MG5500 series Full Driver & Software Package if available. (If no, then download / install the Printer driver.)

If there is issue, please let me know if you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw nothing that tells me how to install my printer. It asked what my operating system was which is Windows 10 but that was not a choice on the message on my phone. I think I will just have to call canon because this is getting me no where. I would love for you to remotely get me connected to my printer but I know from doing it the first time that it requires more then what you can do remotely.

I'm sorry. Can you be on the computer (not on the phone)?

Is the internet working on the computer?

Can you go to your email on the computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please open your email on the Windows 10 laptop, then open the email message from JustAnswer / Viet on your laptop, then click on the View Answer link in that email message in order to communicate with me at this web page on the laptop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the internet and can get my email but what you just sent to my phone is the exact same thing you sent before which is worthless

Did you click on the View Answer link on the laptop? If yes, are you at this web page on the laptop now? Can I connect remotely to your laptop and fix now? Please let me know. Thank you.

Did you receive an email message from JustAnswer / Viet on your laptop? If yes, what happens when you click on the View Answer link in that email message? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think was not a very good idea I will call the canon support tech and get it that way. Thank you

I'm sorry; Canon will not help you if the printer is not in warranty, or if the printer is copying fine, then Canon will not help with the computer issue as copying is working fine. The issue is with the computer, not with the printer, so Canon will not help or they will charge you a lot more. I can fix this issue right now for you. We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please let me know. Thank you.

In my very first reply on this web page (scroll up at this web page), I provided Canon website link, which you can click on, then there, click on DRIVERS & SOFTWARE, then you can download and install the MG5500 series Full Driver & Software Package... and it will work. Did you try that? (Note: you need to do this on the laptop, not on the phone.)

Or can I connect remotely to your laptop and fix the issue right now?

Or would you like me to provide you a direct website link where you can download and install the printer's driver / software on your laptop?

We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Or on the laptop, you can go to the direct website link for the printer's driver/software download:

http://tinyurl.com/pkphj6l

Note: the download file name is called win-mg5500-1_1-ucd.exe. After downloading is done, then open the file win-mg5500-1_1-ucd... to install.

Please let me know if there is any issue; we'll make sure you are satisfied at the end; we guarantee our service.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please just stop. You have not given me what i need to get it installed. I don' t want to keep doing this please just stop.

I'm sorry. Per your previous request, I gave you the website link, where you can download the Canon printer's driver / software, so you can get it installed. I'm not sure why you cannot go to that website link as it's simple to click on the website link. I also offered to connect remotely to your computer and fix.

But per your request now, we are canceling this now. If you still need help with this issue later or with anything else in the future, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you for replying back.