John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have an Epson Workforce 845 wireless printer which worked

Customer Question

We have an Epson Workforce 845 wireless printer which worked great until we had our router/modem replaced by Comcast. We now have been unable to connect the printer to Wifi. We have tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer and that did not work. Is there a way to change the printer back to the factory setting to "start over" with the installation? My husband thinks it is the password ***** we have the original password ***** that does not work. The password ***** the modem does not work.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Let me know the operating system installed on the computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vista
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

do you know the ssid and password ***** the new router from comcast with which you are connecting to the internet on the computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we tried using that as the name and password ***** the printer and that did not work either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think if we could take the printer back to the factory setting that might work but we don't know how to do that.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

try the below sequence first

Press the home button
Press the arrow buttons and then select Setup.
Press the arrow buttons and then select Network Settings.
Select Wireless LAN Setup.

Select Setup Wizard.

Select the name of your wireless network or enter the name manually.
To enter the wireless network name manually, press the arrow buttons and then select Other SSIDs. Use the displayed keypad to enter your network name
Enter your wireless password (or network name and then password)

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

When you finish entering characters, press the OK button.
Confirm the displayed network settings and press the OK button to save them.

If you want to print a network setup report, press the start button. (Otherwise, select Cancel.)
Press the home button to exit. The WiFi light should now be on, but not flashing.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if wifi light comes on or not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it failed. I have to leave. What do I do can I check back later?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know when we can reconnect you may suggest me a time i will try to be online and continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to let you know later. We have grandchildren here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did try all of the several times and it has failed. Is there a way to get the factory settings back. We are at a movie so not able to respond immediately. Sorry.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know when you could be online with your time zone and time so that i can be online and remotely fix the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are in the central standard time zone. Minnesota. We could be online this afternoon at 3:00 pm if that would work for you. Thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i am available online right now or maybe after 8:30 pm cst

let me know if you would like to get this fixed right now or maybe after 8:30 pm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After 8:30 pm will work. Thank you!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

sure i will be online

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am online now. We just had an update to our printer appear on our computer appear and I ran it succesfully...not sure what that means but it ran. should we talk live?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I waited for 41 minutes ~ I finally had my question answered by Comcast...you could not have answered it bt ahnks you for your help.