Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a brother MFC-9340CDW it will not print and tells me

Customer Question
that it is not turned...
I have a brother MFC-9340CDW it will not print and tells me that it is not turned on but it is i have restarted my computer several times as well a turning the printer off and on and disconnecting and reconnecting what else can i do>?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
12/21/2015
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

How is the printer connected currently? Usb, wifi, ethernet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
with a usb cable
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but we also have wifi

You'll need to reinstall/update the printer drivers for it to reconnect.

Go to the start menu, settings, devices/printers, click the Epson, then Remove Device.

Reboot your computer (bookmark this page first, to get back to it after), then when it comes back on CLICK HERE

to download and install the latest drivers. Click on the full driver/software package.

Note that if using USB, you need to choose "local printer" (not network) during the install.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no link to click
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
am i uninstalling the printer?

Yes, you are uninstalling. My apologies I typed epson earlier but meant brother of course.

Uninstall

reboot

reinstall via the above link

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that solution only worked once. back to the same problem. says my printer is off

And this is via usb?
Do you have the same printer installed on any other computer, and if so is it stable there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it is only connected to my computer. it appears to be working now. i got busy and didn't want to mess with it anymore and it started connecting. must've been a wifi issue i think

If you were using it via wifi then yes, intermittent connection drops are common. If you reinstall as usb only it should remain stable.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Nathan, Engineer