Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My Epson xp400 is giving me a "Turn poser off and then on

Customer Question

Customer: My Epson xp400 is giving me a "Turn poser off and then on again If the error is not fixed visist Epson.com for Technical support." I can move the cartridges along the track but the gears on the right hand side in the back seem like maybe they are jammed. Is there a way to manually turned them and see if that loosens whatever is jamming it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I get a high pitched whistling sound like a motor is working hard.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

honestly its not worth playing with too much. That error usually means something in it is broken so badly the printer doesnt know what it is and its just hoping it will go away if you restart it.

You can try unplugging it from the wall when it is still turned on and waiting a few minutes than plugging it back in

if you think something is jammed in it you can try looking with a bright flashlight.

the outer case probably unsnaps or unscrews or both but i cant get you a schematic as its not designed to be fixed or taken apart by the user and its doubtful even their repair shops would bother.

They are basically disposable. The new model costs under $50 and you wont get the labor to fix it let alone the parts for less than that. Its just not worth fixing. It's cheaper to buy a new one

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CD86201