John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MFC-J6920DW appears to be online (it has out a

Customer Question

My MFC-J6920DW appears to be online (it has spit out a configuration page) but when I ask it to print from my computer, I get a Looking for printer message. I've unplugged the printer a couple of times and set up the network again and again on the printer but I can't get beyond the "looking for printer" message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it working previously? Or is this a new printer or new computer or new internet / wireless modem/router device?

When you set up the wi-fi connection on the printer's screen, did it connect successfully? Is there any IP address (such as 192.168.1.5) showing on the configuration page printout?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,